cell phone wallpaper 160x240
Restaurants, Grills, Delicatessens, and Fast Food...
Info On All Big Sur Restaurants and places to drink and eat along the Pacific Coast Highway 1
- Morro Bay - Morro Bay has a number of fast-food places (McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell and I would suggest the Foster's Old Fashion Freeze) most with drive-troughs but is famous for its great fresh seafood (Flying Dutchman's Seafood House 805-772-2269) and Mexican (Lolo's 805-772-5686 - Taco Temple 805-772-4965) cuisine - mi. from San Simeon 29, Carmel 121
- Cayucos - classic small California surf town with everything from fast food to famous gourmet (Hoppe's Bistro 805-995-1006); also espresso coffees and candy stores yummm... - mi. from San Simeon 27, Carmel 115
- Cambria - many places to eat and drink but I suggest the Main Street Grill (805-927-3194) or Robin's Restaurant (805-927-5007) - mi. from San Simeon 9.5, Carmel 101
- San Simeon Acres - there are several including one decent Mexican, the El Chorlito Mexican Restaurant (805-927-3872) but I like the Cavalier Restaurant (805-927-3276) or the Sunset Grill (805-927-5403) - mi. from San Simeon 3.5, Carmel 94
- Ragged Point - has two eateries, a hotdog/hamburger stand and sit-down Ragged Point Restaurant (805-927-5708), they both are excellent- mi. from San Simeon 15, Carmel 74
- Gorda Springs Resort - has a restaurant they call the Whale Watchers Cafe (805-927-1590 ) which serves breakfast lunch and dinner as well as the Pacific Market & Deli - mi. from San Simeon 27, Carmel 62
- Treebones Big Sur Resort - has unique limited dining from the Wild Coast Restaurant & Sushi Bar (805) 927-2390 - mi. from San Simeon 28, Carmel 61
- Lucia Lodge - the Restaurant at Lucia food is excellent like the ocean views (831-667-2391) - mi. from San Simeon 40, Carmel 49
- Coast Gallery - Coast Cafe (831-667-2301) at the Big Sur Coast Gallery offers a simple self-serve lunch featuring soups, sandwiches, baked goods, coffee and estate bottled wines - mi. from San Simeon 57, Carmel 31
- Deetjen's Inn - historic restaurant serves breakfast and dinner (831-667-2378) - mi. from San Simeon 60, Carmel 29
- Nepenthe - and the Café Kevah on deck below Nepenthe, delicious California cuisine from a legendary family Big Sur eatery with an amazing coastal view. (831-667-2394 or 831-667-2345) - Distance from San Simeon CA: 60 miles; Mileage to Carmel: 28 miles
- Post Ranch Inn - breakfast, lunch and dinner California Coast Gourmet from the Sierra Mar Restaurant (831-667-2800) - mi. from San Simeon 61, Carmel 28
- Ventana Inn & Spa - the restaurant at Ventana (831-667-2331) menu features local ingredients - mi. from San Simeon 61, Carmel 28
- Big Sur Center & Loma Vista - several great grub places in this area, the Big Sur Bakery & Restaurant (831-667-0520), the Big Sur Deli (831-667-2225) and the newest award winning Big Sur Tap House (831-667-2225) - Distance from San Simeon CA: 62 miles; Mileage to Carmel: 27 miles
- Big Sur Lodge Restaurant & Coffee House (831-667-3111) - a rustic mountain lodge setting in the redwood forest next the Big Sur River, Big Sur Lodge, restaurant, espresso, outdoor bar - mi. from San Simeon 63, Carmel 25
- Fernwood Resort - the Redwood Grill Restaurant (831-667-2129), lunch & dinner, indoor and outdoor seating next to the Big Sur River - mi. from San Simeon 64, Carmel 25
- Ripplewood Resort - Ripplewood Cafe (831-667-2242); also across the highway for dinner only the Big Sur Roadhouse (831-667-2264) - mi. from San Simeon 65, Carmel 24
- Big Sur River Inn - the Restaurant at the River Inn (831-667-2700) for delicious food and drink breakfast, lunch or dinner, inside or out by the Big Sur River - mi. from San Simeon 65, Carmel 24
- Rocky Point - best ocean views from your table inside or out on the patio, the Rocky Point Restaurant - distance from San Simeon CA: 79 miles; Mileage to Carmel: 10 miles
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands - off PCH 1 in Carmel Highlands, the hotel has two eateries, one for dinner only the Pacific’s Edge Restaurant (831-622-5445) and less pretentious California Market (831-622-5450) for breakfast lunch or dinner- mi. from San Simeon 86, Carmel 3
- Carmel - the easiest and best places to eat in Carmel are just off PCH 1 and Rio Road in the shopping centers; the first two that I would suggest for lunch or dinner are R.G. Burgers (831-626-8054) and Island Taco Mexican Grill (831-624-8454) both of which are in the Crossroads Shopping Village; the other wonderful option I would offer is to the north of Rio Road in the Barnyard Shopping Village, it is the From Scratch Restaurant (831-625-2448); all these are great! - mi. from San Simeon 97.5, Carmel 0 miles
- Monterey Bay - this quaint harbor town offers many options for dining; there is fast food and drive-throughs something that hasn’t been available on this road trip for over a hundred foods, they have every option for ethnic foods like Mexican, Chinese and Thai etc. but myself I enjoy some fresh seafood from one of the restaurants on or near Fisherman’s Wharf or some pizza down on Cannery Row.
Pubs, Taverns, Saloons, Espresso, Cocktail, Wine, Beer & Desert Bars...
- Morro Bay - there are many places to get a cocktail in Morro Bay but I would suggest the Harbor Hut (805-772-2255) and there are two equally good coffee houses, Top Dog Coffee Bar and the Rock Espresso Bar - mi. from San Simeon 29, Carmel 121
- Cayucos - has a western saloon, the only place to drink and party...The Old Cayucos Tavern & Card Room (805-995-3209); to sober up behind a good espresso go to Kelleys Espresso & Desserts - mi. from San Simeon 27, Carmel 115
- Cambria - I enjoy to drink and party at Mozzi's Saloon (805-927-4767) and there are several good coffee bars but I favor the Cambria Coffee Roasting Company or Lily's - mi. from San Simeon 9.5, Carmel 101
- San Simeon Acres - several of the motels in San Simeon Acres have related cocktail lounges the most popular is called the San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill (805-927-4604) - mi. from San Simeon 3.5, Carmel 94
- Ragged Point - wide choice of local wines and draft beers by the glass or bottle, espresso drinks and deserts...here they are globed together...at the same bar you can drink wine and beer till you get silly, sit at the bar or stagger around the beautifully landscaped property…then sober up with a good European style double espresso drink before you hit the highway…distance north. of San Simeon 15mi., Carmel 74 more...
- Gorda Springs Resort - serves a good espresso drink at their Pacific Market & Deli store - mi. from San Simeon 27, Carmel 62
- Big Sur Lodge Restaurant & Coffee House (831-667-3111) - the restaurant has a good little express bar on the side Big Sur Lodge, restaurant, espresso, outdoor bar - mi. from San Simeon 63, Carmel 25
- Fernwood Resort - the Fernwood Tavern Fernwood's homespun Big Sur atmosphere and good entertainment attracts a variety of fun locals and tourist - mi. from San Simeon 64, Carmel 25
- North Big Sur Valley - Maiden Publick House good brew and tavern grub next to the Big Sur River Inn
- Carmel - so many ??? find out who has the best espresso drinks and who makes the best cocktails in Carmel-by-the-sea
- Monterey Bay - too many to choose ??? you can't go wrong with Starbucks but decide yourself who has the best espresso drinks and who makes the best cocktails in near Monterey Bay
The Best Picnic Spots Along This Road Trip Route:
- Montaña de Oro State Park - picnic tables down by the beach at Spooner's Cove plus picnic tables and restrooms by the parking of Sandspit (or Sand Spit) Day Use Area off Pecho Road at the north end of the park
- Morro Bay - by the Rock at Coleman Park and the Cloisisters Community Park plus numerous other small parks around town
- Cayucos - picnic tables by State Beach Beach downtown or if it is windy behind the Vet's Hall are picnic tables with a windbreak; also picnic tables and restrooms with running water at the south end of town buy the beach off 24th Street .
- Cambria - picnic tables, barbecue stands, children's playground, restrooms & more at Shamel Park and Leffingwell Landing at the north end of Moonstone Beach is nice too, there are also many more nice picnic areas near Cambria including one of my favorites which has tables, barbecue grill stands, water, restrooms, the beach and nature trails are all part of Washburn Day Use Area north of town at Hearst San Simeon State Park.
- San Simeon Acres - there is a picnic table at San Simeon Liquors, 431 Pico Ave x Pacific Coast Highway 1
- San Simeon - W.R. Hearst Memorial has ocean view picnic sites with tables, barbecue grills, close by water and restrooms, white sand beach, the pier...and more...
- Ragged Point Inn - use Picnic Table Plaza or throw down a blanked on the large lawn or use an ocean view bench, this beautiful little roadside resort is the perfect place to picnic!
- Willow Creek Beach - rocky beach, bathrooms a picnic table
- Sand Dollar Beach - nice picnic area, tables, barbecue grill stands, green grass, water and restrooms
- Mill Creek Beach - beach with big rocks, little picnic area, restrooms
- Limekiln State Park - nice park, day use picnic area near beach
- Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park - picnic tables, restrooms, walk to McWay Falls Overlook
- Pfeiffer Beach - take Sycamore Canyon Road turnoff to...
- Andrew Molera State Park - picnic area next to parking lot
- Garrapata State Park - beautiful undeveloped park by the sea
- Point Lobos State Reserve - beautiful! three picnic table areas, at least one wheel chair accessible as are several trails.
- Carmel - Cachagua Community Park (Carmel Valley), Carmel River State Beach, Lovers Point (638 Ocean View Blvd, Pacific Grove)
- Monterey - one of many picnic spots in Monterey area Locke-Paddon Wetlands Community Park (located in Marina).
- 17 Mile Drive - breathtakingly beautiful, many picnic spots & several world class restaurants
cell phone wallpaper 128x160